• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Follow
  • ‎Burnt toast

    Friday, February 8, 2013

    ‎Burnt toast

    “When I was a little Boy, I remember one day in particular when my mum had made breakfast. She must have been very tired. My mum placed a plate of eggs, and rather burned toast in front of my dad. I remember waiting to see if anyone noticed. Yet all my dad did was reach for his toast, smile at my mom, and ask me was I ready for school. I don’t remember what I replied, but I do remember watching him smear butter and jam on that toast and eat every bite!

    When I got up from the table, I remember hearing my mom apologize to my dad for burning the toast. And I’ll never forget what he said: ‘Baby, I love burned toast.’

    Later that night, I went to kiss Daddy and I asked him if he really liked his toast burned. He wrapped me in his arms and said, ‘Your Momma works hard day after day and she’s real tired. And besides a little burnt toast never hurt anyone!’ You know, life is full of imperfect things…..and imperfect people. I’m not the best football player either.

    What I’ve learned over the years is that learning to accept each other’s faults – and choosing to celebrate each other’s differences – is the one of the most important keys to creating a healthy, growing, and lasting relationship.

    We should learn to take the good, the bad, and the ugly parts of your life and lay them at the infront of Allah. Because in the end, He’s the only One who will be able to give you a relationship where burnt toast isn’t a deal-breaker! We could extend this to any relationship in fact – as understanding is the base of any relationship, be it a husband-wife or parent-child or friendship!!”

    “The faithful husband should not hate his faithful wife, because if he hates a certain manner in her character, then he should not forget the other good manners in her character.”

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment